COVID-19 Statement from Stress Engineering Services
HOUSTON (Mar. 18, 2020) – In these uncertain times, Stress Engineering Services continues to remain operational and accessible to you, our clients. Undoubtedly, the COVID-19 virus has brought a wave of uncertainty and ambiguity to our industries, our businesses and our world. But please be assured – we are at your side as we get through this extraordinary situation.
To ensure business continuity for our clients, we have contingency plans in place to provide you with reliable and on-going support. This means that the highest level of service you have come to expect from us will continue uninterrupted, and unaltered. We are committed to following the guidelines determined by federal and local governments, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes conducting risk assessments for employees who exhibit COVID-19 related symptoms, elevated workplace sanitization and augmented IT capabilities to enable business to be conducted virtually. For example:
- All business-related travel is being assessed on a case by case basis and travel to some domestic and international locations has been suspended.
- Limiting face to face communications with visitors. We will be extending our availability to customers through video chats, and teleconferences (Teams, Skype, phone calls).
- Restriction of visitors and/or staff from entering our facilities if they have experienced any of the following in the past 14 days:
- Travelers from countries with widespread sustained transmission arriving in the United States as identified by the CDC.
- Been in close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to be ill with 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees by mandating that employees stay home and consult their healthcare providers if they feel ill, or If someone at their home is sick resulting in their exposure. We are also instructing that all employees practice good hygiene by:
- Frequently washing hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Cleaning workspace and hardware daily with disinfectant wipes
- Frequently using hand sanitizers
- Practice social distancing by:
- Maintaining at least six feet distance when talking to others.
- When possible consider closing your office door in order to minimize interaction with others.
Even during these unsettling times, please rest assured that we are focused on helping you solve your most challenging technical, design and engineering problems. Just like we do every day!