OTC 2022 Announces Emerging Leaders Class
Houston, Texas (April 4, 2022) –The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) announced today the 2022 class for its Emerging Leaders Program, recognizing young professionals with fewer than 10 years of experience in the offshore energy sector. This year’s program participants are passionate about their field work, dedicated to industry service and highly focused on safety in the workplace.
Each Emerging Leader is nominated by one of OTC’s 15 sponsoring, endorsing, or supporting organizations and selected by last year’s inaugural class of Emerging Leaders. This year’s class will be honored during a special ceremony during the conference on Tuesday, 3 May, 2022.
2022 Emerging Leader Class:
- Qian Wu, PhD, Wells Research Engineer, ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company
- Lauren Ray, Geoscience Supervisor, ExxonMobil
- Wojciech Jakubowski, PhD, Senior Scientist, Baker Hughes
- Ajay Shastri, PhD, Project Engineer, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
- Carlos Lopez, Senior Associate, Stress Engineering Services, Inc.
- Sara Young, Director of Growth and Development, Wood
- Gabriel Serrão Seabra, Digital Transformation Mgr. – E&P Reservoir Team, Petrobas
- Harish Sarma Krishnamoorthy, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Houston
- Dongchun Mary Qiao, PhD, Senior Engineer, ABS
- Dairon Campos Dominguez, Engineering and Development Manager, OneStep Power Solutions, Inc.
- Dario Mariani Sung, QHSE Data Specialist, TechnipFMC
- Abhinandan Kohli, Senior QI Petrophysicist, Shell
- Manoj Jegannathan, Senior Facilities Marine Engineer, Occidental US Offshore
- Izzat Thiyahuddin, PhD, Executive (Materials), PETRONAS Research Sdn Bhd
- Thomas Shattuck, third year law student at University of Houston and Incoming Associate, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
“The 2022 Emerging Leaders class is filled with incredibly smart and passionate young professionals positioned to help shape the future of offshore energy development,” Leigh Ann Runyan, Executive Director, OTC, said. “The ability to develop new solutions that help overcome the energy industry’s most pressing challenges has always been dependent on hard-work, determination and innovation; this year’s Emerging Leaders class is filled with young professionals that understand what’s at stake and have the ability to lead our industry into the future.
2022 nominating organizations include the American Association of Drilling Engineers (AADE), American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AlChE), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International), Brazilian Petroleum, Gas and Biofuels Institute (IBP), The IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society (IEEE-OES), International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC), Marine Technology Society (MTS), National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA), Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME), Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS).
For more information about this year’s participants please visit OTC’s awards page.
About Offshore Technology Conference (OTC)
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, and OTC Asia. For more information, visit www.otcnet.org.